WHAT IS BRASS?
Brass is a material composed of mainly copper and zinc; however, other elements can be added to enhance its properties as needed. The addition of tin, manganese, aluminum, silicon, and lead makes various types of brass ideal for specific applications. Overall, brass is a highly malleable metal that can be easily formed, turned, brazed, and fabricated. Based on its composition, brass alloys can offer good strength, ductility, durability, resistance to corrosion, and high heat and wear resistance. The machinability of brass reduces tooling costs and cuts down on cycle times, making it more cost-effective and sustainable.
E.J. Basler offers precision brass machined parts with superior quality, tolerances, and surface finish.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF BRASS MACHINED PARTS?
The following are some of the properties that make brass a commonly used material for machined parts and products.
- Excellent machinability
- Faster cycle times that increase productivity
- Perfect for high-temperature applications
- Longer tool life and decreased downtime
- Low friction coefficient, which enhances high-speed capabilities and reduces wear and tear
- Highly polished surface with a bright metallic luster for added cosmetic and aesthetic appeal
- Completely recyclable for highly sustainable machining
COMMON APPLICATIONS AND INDUSTRIES
The numerous advantages and benefits of brass make it a preferred material for precision CNC, Swiss, and other machining techniques. E.J. Basler can machine parts, components, and products using brass for virtually any application or industry, including but not limited to the following:
If you have a question please feel free to reach out to us and we will respond shortly.