E.J. Basler offers precision machining services of numerous plastics and metal alloys, including stainless steel. We have decades of experience working with various grades of stainless steel to machine high-quality and ultra-precise stainless steel machine parts and products. Using a complete in-house tooling capabilities and advanced machining equipment, including CNC, Swiss, and multi-spindle, we can design and manufacture stainless steel machined parts and equipment for a broad range of applications—from highly polished consumer products to heavy-duty machinery in demanding industrial environments.
Stainless steel combines excellent high tensile strength, high work-hardening rate, ductility, and malleability to create highly durable machined parts. These characteristics greatly influence the machinability of stainless steel, which is why stainless steel is routinely used for high-production equipment and parts. Because stainless steel alloys contain at least 10.5 percent chromium, they offer enhanced corrosion and rust resistance compared to other types of steel. Stainless steel machined parts typically do not require surface finish. Finally, the fabrication flexibility of stainless steel allows it to be easily welded, formed, forged, and extruded.
E.J. Basler offers precision stainless steel machined parts with superior surface finish, tight tolerances, and long tool life.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF STAINLESS STEEL MACHINED PARTS?
- Corrosion resistant to moisture, various atmospheric conditions, and many chemicals and acids
- High temperature resistance, including oxidation and scaling in aggressive environments and elevated temperatures
- High tensile strength and toughness
- Virtually maintenance free and no protective coating or special surface treatment is required, which means lower maintenance and repair costs
- Highly polished surface with a bright, metallic luster for added cosmetic and aesthetic appeal
- Combination of strength and corrosion and heat resistance offers extreme durability for a long and trouble‑free service life
- Offers fabrication flexibility and excellent machinability, malleability, and weldability
- Capable of meeting a wide range of manufacturing and end-use requirements
- Sustainable and recyclable material that is cost-effective
COMMON APPLICATIONS AND INDUSTRIES
The numerous advantages and benefits of stainless steel makes it a preferred material for precision CNC, Swiss, and other machining techniques. E.J. Basler can machine parts, components, and products using stainless steel alloys for virtually any application or industry, including but not limited to the following:
- Food and beverage processing
- Military and defense
- Oil and gas
- Chemical processing
- Energy generation
- Industrial equipment
- Machine tools
- House appliances
- Consumer products
STAINLESS STEEL ALLOYS AVAILABLE
E.J. Basler has experience machining high-quality, ultra-precise parts and products from a variety of stainless steel alloys, including the following:
- 303 Stainless Steel. Readily machinable, non-magnetic alloy with good corrosion, oxidation, and heat resistance.
- 304 Stainless Steel. Most common type of stainless steel, because of its excellent mechanical properties and machinability. Extremely corrosive resistant with high tensile strength and non-magnetic.
- 316 Stainless Steel. Similar characteristic to 304, but with higher corrosion resistance and elevated temperature tensile strength. Offers outstanding formability and weldability.
- 416 Stainless Steel. Highly machinable and magnetic with limited corrosion resistance, formability, and weldability.
- 430 Stainless Steel. Non-hardenable alloy that is magnetic. Enhanced formability and high-polish finish make it ideal for decorative applications that require reduced corrosion and temperature resistance.
If you need a part machined from a type of stainless steel not on the list, contact us and we will work with you on your unique project.
WHY E.J. BASLER?
E.J. Basler can design and deliver high-quality stainless steel machined parts with excellent mechanical properties, intricate geometries, and precise tolerances with consistent and accurate repeatability. We are a high-volume machine shop that offers various machining and secondary service capabilities, including Hydromat, Davenport, Swiss, multi-spindle, and CNC machining. We are ISO 9001:2015 and ITAF 16949:2016 certified, which helps us ensure we deliver the most precise and accurate part and components to our customers.
For over 25 years, we have proudly manufactured affordable, high-quality machined parts and components with tight tolerances and precise finishes. Our highly knowledgeable and experienced team of engineers and customer support staff can help you design and machine a single prototype or thousands of OEM or custom parts with the same precision, accuracy, and repeatability. We will assist you with your unique specifications, including helping you select the right material for any application or industry.
Contact E.J. Basler to inquire about how we can help you with all your machined part needs.