Stainless steel combines excellent high tensile strength, high work-hardening rate, ductility, and malleability to create highly durable machined parts. These characteristics greatly influence the machinability of stainless steel, which is why it is routinely used for high-production equipment and parts. Because stainless steel alloys contain at least 10.5 percent chromium, they offer enhanced corrosion and rust resistance compared to other types of steel. Stainless steel machined parts typically do not require a surface finish. Finally, the fabrication flexibility of stainless steel allows it to be easily welded, formed, forged, and extruded.
E.J. Basler offers precision stainless steel machined parts with superior surface finish, tight tolerances, and long tool life.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF STAINLESS STEEL MACHINED PARTS?
The following are some of the physical and mechanical properties that make stainless steel a commonly used material for machined parts and products.
- Corrosion-resistant to moisture, various atmospheric conditions, and many chemicals and acids
- High-temperature resistance, including oxidation and scaling in aggressive environments and elevated temperatures
- High tensile strength and toughness
- Virtually maintenance free and no protective coating or special surface treatment is required, which means lower maintenance and repair costs
- Highly polished surface with a bright, metallic luster for added cosmetic and aesthetic appeal
- Combination of strength and corrosion and heat resistance offers extreme durability for a long and trouble‑free service life
- Offers fabrication flexibility and excellent machinability, malleability, and weldability
- Capable of meeting a wide range of manufacturing and end-use requirements
- Sustainable and recyclable material that is cost-effective
COMMON APPLICATIONS AND INDUSTRIES
The numerous advantages and benefits of stainless steel make it a preferred material for precision CNC, Swiss, and other machining techniques. E.J. Basler can machine parts, components, and products using stainless steel for virtually any application or industry, including but not limited to the following:
If you have a question please feel free to reach out to us and we will respond shortly.