We offer a wide range of state-of-art machining and secondary processes, including CNC, Swiss, Acme, multi-spindle, Davenport, and Hydromat, that offer advantages such as higher machining speed, close dimensional and form tolerances, improved surface finish, reduced material waste, and longer tool life. We can quickly produce precision machined aluminum parts and components that meet strict requirements and specifications with fast cycle times and a high level of accuracy and repeatability.
What is Aluminum?
Aluminum is one of the most abundant metals in the world being found in various forms from rocks to vegetation but never raw as the metal that we know. This highly machinable metal has a very low Brinell hardness level and therefore is easy to machine. It is additionally an exceptionally light material that can help with the overall weight of the part and decrease added carbon emissions attributed to it.
What Are the Benefits of Aluminum Machined Parts
The following are some of the physical and mechanical properties that make aluminum and aluminum alloys a commonly used material for machined parts and products.
- Low density compared to other steels and copper
- Higher feed speeds increase productivity and profitability due to malleability and low hardness level of part
- Thermal and electrical conductor-60% as conductive as Copper while being 30% as dense
- Highly polished surface with a bright, silver color for added cosmetic and aesthetic appeal
- Completely recyclable for highly sustainable machining
COMMON APPLICATIONS AND INDUSTRIES
The numerous advantages and benefits of aluminum make it a preferred material for precision CNC, Swiss, and other machining techniques. E.J. Basler can machine parts, components, and products using aluminum for virtually any application or industry, including but not limited to the following:
If you have a question please feel free to reach out to us and we will respond shortly.