E.J. Basler has decades of experience working with carbon steel alloys, machining high-precision custom carbon steel machined products. We provide advanced machining and secondary services, including CNC, Swiss, multi-spindle, Davenport, Acme, and Hydromat, to manufacture carbon steel turned parts, components, and fittings. Our precision carbon steel machining capabilities offer highly customized part solutions that can be precisely shaped to meet your specifications while achieving stringent tolerances on form, dimension, and surfaces.
WHAT IS CARBON STEEL?
Carbon steel is a material composed of mainly steel and carbon. Carbon is the alloying component which is why they are referred to as carbon steels. Carbon steels can have up to 2.5% carbon included and used in applications that require a strong material. Additionally, carbon steels are typically the most widely manufactured steels.
E.J. Basler offers precision carbon steel machined parts with superior quality, tolerances, and surface finish.
The following are some of the properties that make carbon steel a commonly used material for machined parts and products.
- Added strength
- Increased carburized ability
- Lower cost metal
- Completely recyclable and reusable for sustainable machining
COMMON APPLICATIONS AND INDUSTRIES
The numerous advantages and benefits of carbon steel makes it a preferred material for precision CNC, Swiss, and other machining techniques. E.J. Basler can machine parts, components, and products using carbon steel for virtually any application or industry, including but not limited to the following:
- Metal working
- Heavy Trucks
- Musical instruments
- Consumer products
- Fluid Control
CARBON STEEL ALLOYS AVAILABLE
E.J. Basler has experience machining high-quality, ultra-precise parts and products from a variety of carbon steel alloys, including the following:
- This a leaded steel that is great for machining. Machinable and reduces tooling wear.
- Leaded steel and also a great option for increased machinability and reduced tool wear.
- AISI 1117
- Good option for hardenability. Suited for parts that need to be heat treated due to the addition of manganese.
- AISI 1018
- This material is great for carburized parts and has great weldability.
- AISI 1045
- Great for bolts, nuts, axels. It is a medium carbon steel and does not do well with hot dip galvanizing.
- AISI 1141
- For surface hardening, this material is one of the best. It can be treated to a greater surface hardness then 1045 or 1018.
- AISI 1144
- Good for machining. Not very good for welding.
If you need a part machined from a type of steel or any other metal not mentioned, please contact us. We love a challenge.
WHY E.J. BASLER?
E.J. Basler can deliver high-quality carbon steel machined parts with excellent mechanical properties, intricate geometries, and tight tolerances. We are a high-volume machine shop that offers various machining and secondary service capabilities, including Hydromat, Davenport, Acme, Swiss, multi-spindle, and CNC machining. We are ISO 9001:2015 and ITAF 16949:2016 certified, which helps ensure we deliver quality parts and components to our customers.
We will assist you with your unique specifications and will help you select the right material for your application.
Contact E.J. Basler to inquire about how we can help you with all your precision machine product needs.